What is fitness to practise?
Raising a concern about a professional on our Register
Information for registrants if a concern has been raised
Information for employers and managers
Information for witnesses
Protection of title
Case studies
Useful links

Members of the public

Guidance and resources
Contact us
Fitness to practise hearings
Home > Concerns > Useful links > Members of the public

Members of the public

Where can I get advice about my concern?

If you are considering raising a concern with us, you may find it useful to get advice before you do so. This can help make sure you:

  • raise your concern with the most appropriate organisation; and
  • provide all the information needed for your concern to be considered.

You can get advice from us by telephoning us on 0800 328 4218 or you can email ftp@hcpc-uk.org.

There are also a number of other organisations who will be able to advise you.




Northern Ireland

Where can I get support in raising my concern?

The organisations listed above may be able to support you when raising a concern. As may the following organisations depending on your particular circumstances and concern:

Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)

A charity for patient safety and justice which provides free and confidential advice following a medical accident. They cover both NHS and private healthcare complaint procedures and can advise on referrals to regulatory bodies or legal action.

Age UK

A charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most out of later life. They provide advice and support to over 60’s.

Patients Association

A voluntary organisation and charity which provides signposting and information for patients (both NHS and private) and supports them navigate the healthcare service.


A charity which provides emotional support to anyone in distress.

Victim Support

A charity for victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales which provides emotional and practical support.

Further information

Advertising Standards Authority

Independent regulator of advertising across all media.

Information Commissioner's Office

Independent body which upholds information rights in the public interest.

Information about other regulators can be found here.

Print  Print page